MS Lifecam VX-3000 video cam not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

MS Lifecam VX-3000 video cam not working

I have a Microsoft VX-3000 video cam and am using Windows 7 64-bit. Skype recognizes the webcam and when I go to Tools, Options, Video Settings in Skype the video comes up and I can see myself! But when I go to Call, Video Call... the Video Call is grayed out and I am unable to make a video call.  The option for a video call is simply unavailable. Also, when I click on the Call Quality Information bars to the right of Call Home, it says, "Video not Available."  I used this webcam on my system about a year ago but now it won't work.

Since the video works fine on the Tools, Options, Video Settings there must be an update from Skype or Windows, etc that has changed something....

Has anybody else had this problem and solved it please?

playagringo
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (4,133 Views)

Re: MS Lifecam VX-3000 video cam not working

Make sure your contact is On-Line.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6182
Message 2 of 11 (4,117 Views)

Thanks, the contact I wish to call is online. Solid green!

playagringo
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (4,108 Views)

Is your connection status is set to Solid green too?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 11 (4,105 Views)

Yes, the status bar has all bars green, a good connection. When I click on the status bar it says Video is Unavailable. However, the microphone with the webcam is available and works fine. But I can see myself using the video when I do the Tools, Options, Video Settings...

playagringo
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (4,103 Views)

Have you tried this?

videocall.png

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 11 (4,099 Views)

The Video Call on this dropdown menu is grayed out and cannot be selected.
playagringo
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (4,096 Views)

Usually the video call button is grayed out when the selected contact is offline.

reinstall Skype 5.11 Beta with this link:
http://download.skype.com/680f9fd8171cec60353063d2b136912e/SkypeSetupFull.exe

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 11 (4,092 Views)

Tamim, you are wonderful!! This fixed the problem completely. For some reason, with my old skype version people were appearing as online when they weren't. My webcam is working now! Thank you very much, blessings to you! Daniel
playagringo
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (4,086 Views)

You are very welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 10 of 11 (4,084 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling