Re: Lost Video with update

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Lost Video with update

I just updated to latest version of Skype on my WIn 7 x64 laptop.  My webcam is no longer working to make video calls.  I get the message "Can't start video.  try closing other programs that might be using your webcam."  

It worked just fine before the update.  I tried closing all other programs too, but no dice.  Help??

PE777
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (692 Views)

I lost mine too very anoying cannot see my family who live abroad!!!   Whats up with Skype help.....I have not found any answers!!!!!

lancslady
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 3 (624 Views)

I lost mine too.  The webcam is there under control panel but will not work with Skype.  Help - this is how I keep up with my grandchildren.

My laptop is windows 7 home premium 64 bit acer aspire

jlinda
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 3 (237 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling