Login Screen not showing

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Login Screen not showing

[ Edited ]

Okay so it was working perfectly fine before, but due to other issues I had to perform a system restore and now it isn't even showing the entry areas on the login screen. I have tried many things but nothing seems to work. Minecraft also is not working, so I think it may be a Java problem but I have no idea what else to try.

Java does work in-browser though, as I was able to play Minecraft via the website.

This widget could not be displayed.
gaaraofsuburbia
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 27 (12,054 Views)

Re: Login Screen not showing

Please, answer first these questions:

What version of Windows are you on? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

What is the version of Internet Explorer installed on your computer?

In Internet Explorer go to Help -> About Internet Explorer.

P.S. Please, don’t say that you are not using Internet Explorer. This is irrelevant. Skype depends on Internet Explorer.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6325
Message 2 of 27 (12,027 Views)

try to open the page with internet explorer and post the result

http://javatester.org/javascript.html

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6224
Message 3 of 27 (12,013 Views)

Internet Explorer 9, 64 bit, "Java Script IS WORKING in your web browser".

gaaraofsuburbia
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 27 (12,002 Views)

Please try.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Skype-wont-open-actual-interface/m-p/931822/highlight/true#M68...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 5 of 27 (11,997 Views)

gaaraofsuburbia wrote:

Internet Explorer 9, 64 bit, "Java Script IS WORKING in your web browser".

Is the javaScript test also working for you if you use the 32-bit version of your Internet Explorer?

The 32 bit IE is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 27 (11,992 Views)

The advice shown on that forum didn't seem to work, though I may have done it wrong. Not sure, I'll try it again. As for Javascript on the other version of IE, it's not exactly conclusive, but seems to be not working. Screenshot below.

gaaraofsuburbia
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 27 (11,972 Views)

Should a system restore really have caused it to stop working like this?

gaaraofsuburbia
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 27 (11,968 Views)

Please try to register vbscript.dll and jscript.dll

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Installing-skype/m-p/971420/highlight/true#M71582

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 9 of 27 (11,958 Views)

If this was system restore or something else, is not easy to say, but JavaScript is not working with your 32-bit IE and this is the only IE version that counts for Skype. Try this re-registering procedure in order to correct the issue. Hopefully this will also enable the login window.

Go to Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click on Command Prompt, select 'Run as administrator'.

The Command Prompt window should show:

C:\Windows\SysWoW64>

If this is not the case, then in the Command Prompt type:  cd c:\windows\syswow64 and press Enter.

Type this and then press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript.dll

Next type this and press Enter:

regsvr32  jscript9.dll

After each Enter you should receive a message saying that DllRegisterServer in XXX.dll succeeded.

Reboot your computer.

Make now the test showing if your Internet Explorer can execute JavaScript.

Open in your Internet Explorer (no other browser but only IE 32-bit version) this page:

http://www.mistered.us/test/alert.shtml

Click on the “Simply Click This Button” button and watch the response.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 10 of 27 (11,956 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling