Log-in Error

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Log-in Error

Every day or two, my Skype stops working. Upon signing out, skype informs me that "Can't open skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again." what do I do? I can't sign out because I already did. I tried exiting the program, but that gave me the same message, and I even re-installed, and I keep getting the same error.

samoszakal
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (303 Views)

Re: Log-in Error

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or OK button. The Windows File Explorer will popup. Locate there a folder with the name Skype. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call history. All data are still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6600
Message 2 of 2 (163 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling