Latest version not recognizing my webcam.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Latest version not recognizing my webcam.

After updating Skype last week to the latest version (6.5), I found it did not recognize my video device. I use a Pinnacle 500 capture device with a Sony video camera attached as my webcam. Every version of Skype until now has been fine with this set-up. I have installed an earlier version of Skype (5.10.0.116) which I had saved as a work around, but I like to keep software up to date. Do you know of any option to let me update and keep my video working?

System info:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1015 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 232868 MB, Free - 210229 MB; D: Total - 1430796 MB, Free - 1109231 MB; E: Total - 5585 MB, Free - 330 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., Goldfish2, 1.xx, X312345678
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

kortmann
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (200 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling