Lately, my Skype window never responds, and theref...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Lately, my Skype window never responds, and therefore I cannot log in.

The day before yesterday, I was trying to get on Skype and the window froze. (I don't know if this happens to everyone, but you know sometimes, though this very rarely happens, you're using the internet and suddenly your mouse doesn't move on-screen when you're moving it, the blue cursor starts spinning and if you click the page then it gets this "glazed over" look? And then it says on the top of the page "No Response" or something along those lines. It was the same as that.) Also, while I had the Skype login window open on the bottom of my taskbar, I was experiencing this "glazed over" thing with the entire computer, and pages would take an exceedingly long time to load. I switched off the computer a few times yesterday to see if it would change anything, and it didn't. This morning, I checked again, and it still wasn't responding. So then when I got home today I tried AGAIN and it wasn't responding, no surprise there, so I re-installed it. This didn't change anything, it still won't respond. Does anyone know how to fix this? Any help is appreciated. :happy:

shroomish
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (328 Views)

Re: Lately, my Skype window never responds, and therefore I cannot log in.

Sorry, I just realized I never mentioned: I've been using Skype for 2 years with no problems like this. Just in case that changes anything. XD
shroomish
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 4 (326 Views)

Try to reset all Skype settings.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5761
Message 3 of 4 (309 Views)

I can log onto the iphone on my account with skype, but not in skype program on Windows, where I can not make or receive any call. Why, how can I solve this problem

elanbee
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (301 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling