LInks in chat not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

LInks in chat not working

Links that people send me are not opening up. I don't get an error, no warnings, I don't get anything. The chat window blinks once or twice, and then nothing happens. Can anyone help? I've been looking for a solution for several days. I have the latest version.

sierraviridian
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (5,358 Views)

Re: LInks in chat not working

http://skype.com/go/getskype-beta------this is the link to install the latest version from skype that will fix the crash issue that has been occurring for some time now---If u read many ,many posts thru out this forum it has been advised by both skype users and skype moderators that this latest version of skype that was introduced on November 17th will fix the crashing issue many are experiencing--it is Skype Beta 5.7--and it works--just read the posts---thru out this forum--and also see the link I posted below--------see this link posted from Heartbeat-------http://heartbeat.skype.com/2011/12/skype_for_windows_crashing_on.html

af4
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 41
Message 2 of 8 (5,168 Views)

That's what I have that isn't working lol
sierraviridian
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 8 (5,162 Views)

And it's not crashing on me, if you'd read what I said, you'd have seen links aren't working :tongue:
sierraviridian
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (5,159 Views)

sierraviridian wrote:

Links that people send me are not opening up. I don't get an error, no warnings, I don't get anything. The chat window blinks once or twice, and then nothing happens. Can anyone help? I've been looking for a solution for several days. I have the latest version.

Try This.

Here is a Mr. FixIT:

How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer in Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP

Click the Run Now button.

Temporary disable the anti-virus & Do all Windows Updates, including Software and Hardware, not just the Critical Updates. In most cases, this will resloves the issue.

Reboot your computer.

Also Suggest, Download and Reinstall the new Skype 5.7 beta version. See if it helps.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta-full/

If not resolve this issue, then

Please do a Skype reset:

1. Ensure that "Show hidden files and folders" is switched on.

Click Start and then Run Type "control folders" and click OK. In the View tab, ensure that Show hidden files and folders is enabled

2. Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit Skype"

3. Click Start >> Run Type: %appdata% Rename folder "Skype" to "Old_Skype"

4. Re-run Skype

Check if the issue persists

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6751
Message 5 of 8 (5,156 Views)

sierraviridian wrote:

Which browser is set as your default? Can you open the same link if you copy/paste it to the address field of your browser?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6300
Message 6 of 8 (5,150 Views)

My Im chat does broken doesn't work at all!

I can get others peoples im chat ok BUT  when I type anything or send emotion icon etc it does not leave the chat box or the get it their end etc. But files send does work

Also screen share when they see mine their end it only small  percentage all this is  very frustrating I do a lot of conference calls.

My skype some how has become corrupt only on my laptop  It started when I recall I removed a few other programs and since then it has played up! 
NOTE it  is fine when I log on using other pcs and also when someone logs on mine using their skype name again they cannot also send im chat etc!

I have  tried removing then reinstalling  skype 10 times even went into the reg directory and also took out all left over skype elements AND  done c clean on my pc and still no joy. I do not want to do a reformat of my laptop just over skype issue.

Anyone got some ideas?

CGS
Routine Adventurer
Message 7 of 8 (5,022 Views)

Re: My Im chat does broken doesn't work at all!

i have a similar problem since mid march.

my chat window is blank. i know it's getting sent, because i can read them in "chat history" or i will get notifications on top corner of screen of incoming messages, but my chat window is always blank. 

i know that whatever i type is being sent successfully since i get replies back. i've done the re-installing of newest versions. skype assistant stopped messaging me back after a week. still waiting for a resolution.

thanks skype.

-m.s.

michaeliseong
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (4,737 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling