Kicking Person from Group Conversation

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Kicking Person from Group Conversation

Is there any possible ways to kick a contact person from a Group Conversation whereby I am not the owner of the group chat? There's some important upcoming business msg in the Skype group conversation but one of them is no longer with the Company. Unfortunately we do not have the password details.

VanJing
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (10,300 Views)

Re: Kicking Person from Group Conversation

Why not create a new group listing only the members you want included in the call?

oaksys
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 2 of 7 (10,294 Views)

VanJing wrote:

Is there any possible ways to kick a contact person from a Group Conversation whereby I am not the owner of the group chat? There's some important upcoming business msg in the Skype group conversation but one of them is no longer with the Company. Unfortunately we do not have the password details.

it is not necessary to know any password details of the user you wish to kick

only the "creator" of the group chat or any designated "master" can kick participants

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 307
Message 3 of 7 (10,279 Views)

but what if it's your conversation? how do u do it?

RozMcToz
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (10,139 Views)

right-click with mouse on the participant that you would like to remove, and select 'Remove person from this group'

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 307
Message 5 of 7 (10,135 Views)

The right-click option isn't available at least on my present, up-to-date Mac version. To remove a person on the Mac, you'll have to use either of the chat commands /kick or /kickban, followed by a space and their Skype ID.

m_montagne
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 12
Message 6 of 7 (9,639 Views)

The right click option isn't showing up on my PC. But my friend can do it even when he's not the host
Posted from Apple iPhone
Derpperson
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (1,088 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling