Is there any way that I can change my skype name p...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Is there any way that I can change my skype name please?

Is there any way that I can change my skype name or Admins that work for skype please? If yes then please notify me, If no I'm afraid taht I must create a new skype account and this one is old, I don't want to delete it.. Please, Thanks!

damca
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (515 Views)

Re: Is there any way that I can change my skype name please?

You can change the name seen by others by editing your profile but you cannot change your actual Skype name.  The only choice is to create a new Skype name/account and stop using the old one.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 2 of 4 (506 Views)

If a lot of people want's to change their skype username why you don't make it possible??? it's too hard for you?  don't you have enought smart people for this? don't you have time for this? dont't you have money for this? I don't get it....really. I just think you don't care and you don't want. Now you have enought users and you simply don't care. Shame! It could be so simple.....

skype_name
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (251 Views)

A Skype login name cannot be changed, nor are they deleted.  It's always been this way.  So it would seem to be a preference that they don't plan on changing any time soon.  If you don't like your Skype login name, wait until your subscription has ended and create a new account and inform your contacts.  It might be an inconvenience but probably better than users changing their login name ever 5 minutes because they can.   If they allowed it,  I don't want to imagine how inaccurate the Skype directory would be in a matter of seconds.  Not to mention complaints of "my name didn't change fast enough!"  "Why do I have to wait so long?" etc..  Creating a new account seems to me to be a better approach to avoiding inaccuracies and more abuse of the current system.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1457
Message 4 of 4 (243 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling