Is there a way to change my name display color in ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Is there a way to change my name display color in chat?

[ Edited ]

Currently it's grey. Is it possible to change the color to like the bright green they have for the video call tab or some other color so it would be more easy to see

lestat
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (2,748 Views)

Re: Is there a way to change my name display color in chat?

i would also like to know this, especially now that we are having to change over from Live Messenger, which allowed us to do this.
comeonsortitout
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (2,670 Views)

The members of participants in the chat flow is showing in blue to me. Is that what you are referring to?

Maybe you can supply a screenshot marking exactly which element you are referring to.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12973
Message 3 of 6 (2,664 Views)

the other participants are blue and I am grey. I would like to change my colour to green or soemthign else so I can see better in the history when i have written something.

comeonsortitout
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (2,659 Views)

Aha! You are referring to the Skype for Windows Desktop application. You started your topic in the Windows 8 board and I've moved it over now.

You are right, currently there's no way to customize the chat display in Skype for Windows desktop. I'll share your feedback with the product team.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12973
Message 5 of 6 (2,653 Views)

thanks for moving and thanks for letting the product team know.

its just difficult to see whaat i wrote and where as the grey jsut disappears into the white background.

have a good day

comeonsortitout
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (2,650 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling