Internet connection problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Internet connection problem

Hi, forgive my ignorance on this subject...when I try to connect, the message "there's a problem with the internet connection.  Hold on while we try to get the call back.  XXX is offline."  I see my husband for 30 seconds, then get booted off...what can I do to fix this?  thanks

florida-gal
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (14,274 Views)

Re: Internet connection problem

florida-gal wrote:

Hi, forgive my ignorance on this subject...when I try to connect, the message "there's a problem with the internet connection.  Hold on while we try to get the call back.  XXX is offline."  I see my husband for 30 seconds, then get booted off...what can I do to fix this?  thanks

The quickest method to resolve this is to install over what you have. Using the beta release here: http://skype.com/go/getskype-beta

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 580
Message 2 of 9 (14,109 Views)

Thanks, it worked!!

florida-gal
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (14,094 Views)

Thanks For The Feedback.
Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6251
Message 4 of 9 (14,076 Views)

beta is not fixing the problem :sad:
genneille
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (14,028 Views)

genneille wrote:
beta is not fixing the problem :sad:

Please provide more Additional Details.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6251
Message 6 of 9 (14,020 Views)

[ Edited ]

Look at the cause of the problem as being:

Hardware or Software or Both

Look at the location of the problem as being:

Your end, the receiver's end, or the connection in between

If you can connect (SKYPE) to ANYBODY, then the connection problem is most likely NOT on your end (speed not being a factor).

If the person to whom you're trying to call can connect with someone ELSE, then the problem is likely NOT on their end.

Troubleshooting internet connections IN BETWEEN, is NOT the purpose of this posting, as it is extremely complicated to pinpoint, and as a general rule the responsibility of either your internet provider, or some other internet provider.

Once you locate on which side(s) the problem lies, your can break down what type of problem it is. If the side having the problem has internet connectivity with OTHER applications (such as a browser), then the problem most likely lies with SKYPE/ANTIVIRUS/FIREWALL. It is beyond the scope of this posting how to troubleshoot individual software problems with applications. If you suspect you have a hardware problem, then try to SKYPE the receiver with another device, such as your phone. Likewise, try to SKYPE your malfunctioning computer from your phone. Check your wireless connection (ping your router), check your internet connection (ping an internet site). Failure of a ping means you have located the point of failure.

Once you've located the type of problem and the location, then post the information to the forums, and you should get a response within a fairly quick time. The one thing I will say about SKYPE is that people have two types of problems in general. One is connection (either on or off) and video quality. The former occassionally can be fixed by changing your incoming port (listening port) for SKYPE. The latter is fixed by increasing either your internet speed and/or wireless network speed (and/or lighting.)

tsberry
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (8,545 Views)

hi guys i n eed the owner of skype a guy has dosed my computer and now my internet is bad please bann him off skype 

KingRJ_786
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (4,286 Views)

KingRJ_786 wrote:

hi guys i n eed the owner of skype a guy has dosed my computer and now my internet is bad please bann him off skype 

I just posted a reply a moment ago that will provide you with your options:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/protecting-my-skype/td-p/1963901

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1269
Message 9 of 9 (4,282 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling