Re: Installation: Cannot connect to the download s...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Installation: Cannot connect to the download server

I cannot connect to Skype on this computer....down load server will not connect..

can you tell me what the problem is..

Thanks...frankbobbi@gmail.com

realtyguy1
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 21 of 41 (1,607 Views)

[ Edited ]

realtyguy1 wrote:

I cannot connect to Skype on this computer....down load server will not connect..

can you tell me what the problem is..

XXXXXXXXXXX

please try the links and suggesions mentioned here;

Alternative Download Links (for Windows and Mac)

moreover, please remove your email address from your initial post.  this is a public forum site, and anyone, including potential scammer or spammers can view and obtain your email address.  

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 231
Message 22 of 41 (1,603 Views)

ive tried and tried again for like 4 days trying to get skype to download and ive had a skype name forever but i reset my laptop and now it wont download saying it cant connect to the download server. no idea what to do. 

dashingdog1234
Novel Tourist
Message 23 of 41 (1,557 Views)

dashingdog1234 wrote:

ive tried and tried again for like 4 days trying to get skype to download and ive had a skype name forever but i reset my laptop and now it wont download saying it cant connect to the download server. no idea what to do. 

Please use this direct link to download the latest beta versions of skype

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_5.7.0.123.msi

i gave you the offline installer. just click on the link i have given above, and download it on your "desktop"

when you got it, double click on it (run) and start installation.

Note That: Temporary disable Antivirus/Firewall. You can reactivate your Antivirus/Firewall after downloading or installation. You may try another browser and also try resetting your browser settings.

Alternatively, You can download ANY versions of Skype from OldApps.com

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6250
Message 24 of 41 (1,556 Views)

thanks, excellent
dennis503
Novel Tourist
Message 25 of 41 (1,514 Views)

Each time that I try to download Skype on another computer, I get an error message after it's done downloading saying that Skype cannot connect to the download server. Then I am given an option to try an alternate file but that does not work either. I've tried on Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Google Chrome. Is there anything else that I can do?

mrunalipolade
Novel Tourist
Message 26 of 41 (1,439 Views)

it appears even the large download app (25meg) still looks to the server to get its images - why not fix the larger download instead of muddling the code?
SkypeMonkey
Casual Tourist
Message 27 of 41 (1,418 Views)

it is the latest version of skype. skype.com/go/getskype-msi and how we can install 5.7 beta like this having same problem cannot connect to internet server

osama_hidden
Novel Tourist
Message 28 of 41 (1,400 Views)

osama_hidden wrote:

it is the latest version of skype. skype.com/go/getskype-msi and how we can install 5.7 beta like this having same problem cannot connect to internet server

skype.com/go/getskype-msi installs the business version of Skype 5.5.32.124.

If you want to install the latest Skype Beta (5.7.0.137), then you can do this from here:

http://blogs.skype.com/garage/2012/01/skype_57_beta_update_for_windo.html

or using the msi installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_5.7.0.137.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6409
Message 29 of 41 (1,398 Views)

I have cut and pasted this link into my browser and have downloaded, but it says that skype cannot connect.  What do I do now?  The full version did not download, so that didn't work.

K58
Novel Tourist
Message 30 of 41 (1,044 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling