Initiating a three-way conference call between a l...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Initiating a three-way conference call between a landline and a Skype account

Hi, 

I would like to conduct a conference call with three participants (including myself). I will be logging in from my Skype account, and I would like to dial out to a landline and another Skype account (the Skype user is international, if that makes a difference). The landline user is based in the US.

My question is, if I sign up for the $2.99/month Unlimited US and Canada

plan, will I be able to conduct this call?

Thank you. 

chorig
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (4,297 Views)

Re: Initiating a three-way conference call between a landline and a Skype account

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

Short answer is YES :happy:

Since one of your contacts will be using US landline you'll need either a subscription or Skype Credit. I can see you have done some research and found Unlimited US&Canada subscription.
This subscription will cover the call to US landline and you can easily add your friend's Skype account into the call for free (it doesn't matter where they are located)

Guide for conference calls:
https://support.skype.com/faq/FA2831

I hope this helps.

Andre

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 730
Message 2 of 4 (4,250 Views)

Re: Initiating a three-way conference call between a landline and a Skype account

When you mention 'land line' --can that line also be a mobile phone..?

ctripp
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (2,955 Views)

ctripp wrote:

When you mention 'land line' --can that line also be a mobile phone..?

Of course :happy:

In a group call you can have landlines, mobiles and Skype accounts. When including a landline or mobile call will be charged, meaning you need either Skype Credit or a subscription to cover the cost.

If answer was helpful please mark it with Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution. This will help other users find this answer more easily. Thanks in advance!
Andre
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 730
Message 4 of 4 (2,950 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling