Im new..profile settings stuck at 90% and wont go ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Im new..profile settings stuck at 90% and wont go father to let me use Skype????

What am I doing wrong???

forgiejr
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 14 (3,007 Views)

Re: Im new..profile settings stuck at 90% and wont go father to let me use Skype????

Are you on Windows or Mac? Have you tried to start Skype program installed on your computer?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5919
Message 2 of 14 (3,000 Views)

Re: Im new..profile settings stuck at 90% and wont go father to let me use Skype????

Are you referring to this?

tamimprofile.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6251
Message 3 of 14 (2,993 Views)

I have the same problem but it stops at 80%. I use Windows 7. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. If i use an icon which is still on the computer, it shows a login page with name and an incorrect password filled in and if i touch anything, it goes into not responding loop.
rjkrone
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 14 (2,887 Views)

rjkrone wrote:
I have the same problem but it stops at 80%. I use Windows 7. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. If i use an icon which is still on the computer, it shows a login page with name and an incorrect password filled in and if i touch anything, it goes into not responding loop.

Try first to reset all Skype settings on your computer.

Quit Skype or use Windows Task Manager to kill any Skype.exe process. Go to Windows Start and in the Search/Run box type %appdata%, press Enter or click the OK button. The Windows File Explorer will pop up. There locate a folder named “Skype”. Rename this folder to something different, e.g. Skype_old. Restart Skype.

N.B. If needed, you will still be able to re-establish your call and chat history. All data is still saved in the Skype_old folder.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 5 of 14 (2,882 Views)

rjkrone wrote:

uninstall the current Skype with Revo (remove all registry entries)

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

reinstall latest Beta Skype with this link:

http://download.skype.com/680f9fd8171cec60353063d2b136912e/SkypeSetupFull.exe

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6251
Message 6 of 14 (2,873 Views)

I too am having this same issue. I've tried all the suggestions above, I've removed the Skype program off my computer and re-downloaded it, and then logged back in, but it continues to say my profile is at 90%. Any suggestions to help me out?

kreggsmith
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 14 (2,760 Views)

kreggsmith wrote:

I too am having this same issue. I've tried all the suggestions above, I've removed the Skype program off my computer and re-downloaded it, and then logged back in, but it continues to say my profile is at 90%. Any suggestions to help me out?

What exactly happens when you are trying to login to your Skype program installed on your computer?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 8 of 14 (2,751 Views)

Yes. I have mac OS X. Can you help me to finish the process?

relaxedmom
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 14 (2,544 Views)

Your profile does not need to be 100% finished. On one of my accounts, the profile stays at only 45% and everything is fine with Skype.

Download and install Skype application on your computer and login to this application.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 10 of 14 (2,538 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling