I cannot see video when skyping other people

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

I cannot see video when skyping other people

Hi, I am running Skype 5.8.0.158 and as of a few nights ago, my Skype can no longer view the video of others, although they can see and hear me and I can hear them.  Please let me know what I can do to correct this problem.

reburkett
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (4,426 Views)

Re: I cannot see video when skyping other people

First thing I suggest is you update to v5.9.0.114.  You can use this link to download then run the full installer:  http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

If the problem persists with the newer version, try resetting your Skype configuration files with this procedure:

Quit Skype.  Hold the Windows key and type r.  In the box that comes up type %appdata% <enter>.  Scroll down to find the \Skype folder and rename it something like \Skype_old.  Restart Skype.

Note:  Renaming the Skype folder will move IM and call history to the renamed folder.  They can be recovered with a few extra steps.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 2 of 4 (4,423 Views)

Thanks man, it worked!

reburkett
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (4,402 Views)

Glad to hear that, but in the hope of it possibly helping someone else reading this thread in the future...did updating to 5.9.0.114 solve the problem, or was the fix resetting your Skype configuration files?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 4 of 4 (4,399 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling