I cannot open my skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

I cannot open my skype

I am currently having skype 5.10 on windows 7. Whenever I try to open skype, it doesnot open. To deal with problem,I just install skype once again and it starts working as usual. However it only works that day and next day I again encounter the same problem. Please suggest me the ways how I can avoid this problem!!

Paras86
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 20 (11,754 Views)

Re: I cannot open my skype

go to Skype folder inside program files and go to phone folder and then right click on Skype application and select send to Desktop (Create shortcut)

Re-run skype using this new shortcut.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6181
Message 2 of 20 (11,743 Views)

Thanks for the solution but it still doesn't work. The CPU meter just bounces to 50 or 60 and it closes.

Paras86
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 20 (11,740 Views)

Make sure Skype is not running in Compatibility / ADMIN Mode.

compabtibility1.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 20 (11,736 Views)

Do you think I should uninstall it and then reinstall it and create a shortcut on desktop as it does not open. It just got highlighted but didn't open.

Paras86
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 20 (11,736 Views)

you can try uninstalling Skype with Revo (remove all registry entries)

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

then, reinstall Skype 5.11 Beta with this link:
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta

See how it works.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 20 (11,732 Views)

:wink:Thank you very much!!!

Paras86
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 20 (11,725 Views)

You are very welcome.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 20 (11,723 Views)

I cannot open my skype..I click on the shortcut and it goes to download the new version/update and at the end of it doing that it says fatal error. I don't know why it does this and don't know what to do about this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you, 

Lorena Waller

lorenawaller
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 20 (9,134 Views)

What is the exact error code / message?

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 10 of 20 (9,128 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling