I can't answer my calls

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

I can't answer my calls

Hello,

I can't answer on calls. It just hangs up when I try to answer and it redirects the call back to who was calling me. I don't know if it is important but it usually happens in the evening hours. During the day everything works fine... How can I solve this?

Thanks!

k40p
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (647 Views)

Re: I can't answer my calls

Are these Skype-to-Skype or telelphone (Online Number) calls?

Do you have the same problem if you make outgoing calls in the evening?

If Skype-to-Skype, video or audio only?

What version of Windows are you running?

What version of Skype?  Click on Help > About Skype for the version number.

What type of Internet connection to you have?  Cable/DSL/Etc?  And wired or wifi?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 938
Message 2 of 3 (517 Views)

Re: I can't answer my calls

In the meantime I saw a message saying 'problem with recording device' and that the microphone was not working so I bought a new headset. It's still not working, always saying 'problem with recording device'. I tried to set the audio in the control panel of my computer from relatek to USB but it just wont let me change that. I am using an external camera and head set and it worked just fine for a while. What could have happened? I don't knot much about my computer; it is two years old it has a Microsoft office 2003 I think. I have already tried to reinstall Skype and nothing changed. Today I successfully called my cell phone but just once.

k40p
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (500 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling