I can see them, but they can't see me..

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

I can see them, but they can't see me..

I can see and hear the other person and they can hear me, but not see me.  There is a little screen of me on my screen, but nothing on their end.

Thanks

JacknCatienanny
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 12 (36,029 Views)

Re: I can see them, but they can't see me..

Same thing happened to me today.  My picture appears to the other person for a brief second and then goes black.  Any ideas?  Thanks

JACKIEMAR555
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 12 (36,019 Views)

[ Edited ]

JacknCatienanny wrote:

I can see and hear the other person and they can hear me, but not see me.  There is a little screen of me on my screen, but nothing on their end.

Thanks

If your video looks normal in your own picture-in-picture and the person on the other end doesn't see you, the chances are the problem may be at their end.

However, before going any further in troubleshooting, I suggest you and the contact on the other end of the call both upgrade to the latest beta version, 5.7.0.137.  It's solved alot of problem for alot of users.

You can download the installer to your hard drive via this link:

www.skype.com/go/getskype-beta

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 916
Message 3 of 12 (36,007 Views)

I tried to update it.. And My Friend still can't see me..

Please help. I looked at the video quality and, It says, Not sending video. Help on how to solve this problem?

Jermaina-
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 12 (35,277 Views)

[ Edited ]

Rather than jump on this existing old thread, please start your own new topic.  Here are steps to doing so:  http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Steps-to-creating-a-new-thread-topic/td-p/13748

In that new thread, to increase the chance of someone being able to understand your problem and offer help, start by answering these questions:

What version of Windows are you running?

What version of Skype?  Click on Help > About Skype for the specific version number.

What type webcam are you using?

Do you have the same problem with only one contact or more than one?

If you click on Tools > Options > Video settings, do you see your own video there?   If not, what does it show in the Select webcam box?

The answers to those questions should start getting you some answers to your problem.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 916
Message 5 of 12 (35,272 Views)

my friend has skype in the phillipines but he cant see me

familyman4sure
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 12 (30,838 Views)

I have had similar problem. On my tablet they cannot see me but I can see them. Shows video icon slashed OFF I tap it to say ON but doesn't do anything. Anybody any answer?
Posted from Acer A210
anndance1
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 12 (30,698 Views)

I am WIndows 7, HP laptop, built-in webcam that worked fine with skype until my ESET security was updated - could that be what is cutting off skype from detecting webcam????  Good greif this is frustrating and SKype offers no clues about this...

KiwiDoc
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 12 (30,030 Views)

JacknCatienanny wrote:

Thanks

I am new to skype and am not sure what to do  to start video calling. I thought did everything right, but last call I caould see them, but they couldnot see me, even though my picture was visible on my screen, in the corner.

billyenme1
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 12 (21,686 Views)

Do you have this issue with all contacts or only with one?

What is your currently installed Skype version? In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 6330
Message 10 of 12 (21,684 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling