How to trace skype hacker's IP?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to trace skype hacker's IP?

[ Edited ]

Hi, my Mum's skype has been hacked by an idiot who sends out rude messages to my mum's connections, he can see in real time what my mum types and when the discussion was to create a new skype account because of the hacked account, he/she warned my mum via a live message on the screen written "by herself" that "you can make a new account, I will hack you anyway :happy: "

as my mum is a very nice person, it is obvious for me that a stupid **bleep** is behind this hack who enjoys screwing up other people's life.

I need your advice how to trace the hacker's IP, so I could walk in to the local police station and tell them that this is the guy who is sending out rude messages from my mums skype account. In the first time it's started with smiles, but now his messages became very offensive and rude against other people.

thank you

*edited for privacy*

shandorharanghy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (3,770 Views)

Re: How to trace skype hacker's IP?

It sounds to me like your mum's computer has been infected beyond Skype. She should change her Skype password right away, but then I suggest you see this link for steps in disinfecting her PC completely.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 941
Message 2 of 5 (3,604 Views)

Interesting link you have there, g4pilut (no link?!)
qaisjp
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (3,593 Views)

shandorharanghy wrote:

Hi, my Mum's skype has been hacked by an idiot who sends out rude messages to my mum's connections, he can see in real time what my mum types and when the discussion was to create a new skype account because of the hacked account, he/she warned my mum via a live message on the screen written "by herself" that "you can make a new account, I will hack you anyway :happy: "

as my mum is a very nice person, it is obvious for me that a stupid **bleep** is behind this hack who enjoys screwing up other people's life.

I need your advice how to trace the hacker's IP, so I could walk in to the local police station and tell them that this is the guy who is sending out rude messages from my mums skype account. In the first time it's started with smiles, but now his messages became very offensive and rude against other people.

thank you

*edited for privacy*

I think if you can consider their activities as a form of threat or harassment, you can indeed report them to your local police.  Then the police can contact Skype (admins here says that police most likely already have their way to contact Skype) for the possible information that they may need in their investigation.

VooDooDoll
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 239
Message 4 of 5 (3,588 Views)

i am having the same problem on my skype, i was joined into a conference call and i started typing. Next thing you no someone is changing what i typed, to say some perverted comment, it was soo annoying and irritating!!

lb2015
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (2,809 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling