Re: How to stop skype from flashing orange on the ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to stop skype from flashing orange on the task-bar?

[ Edited ]

This is getting very annoying as my screen set up doesn't allow for the task bar to pop up, (it is set to hide by default). When I get a message the task bar pops up and covers up important parts of my screen while I'm working.

How can I turn off these flashing orange notifications for all events? 

Gogizzy
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (8,155 Views)

Re: How to stop skype from flashing orange on the task-bar?

what i found to do is go to conversation then notification settings and there ya go hope this helps
tswr
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (8,086 Views)

In order to avoid orange flash on the task-bar just GO to tools in that option-Notification-and uncheck the comes online check box...............
jayaramas
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (7,528 Views)

ah crap it looks like they fundamentally misunderstood you. i was hoping for a fix to this as well
morpheuskibbe
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (6,613 Views)

Hi, check this article out. The /alertsoff command might be what you're looking for:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa10042/what-are-chat-commands-and-roles
VeggieH
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (6,087 Views)

This seems to work. No longer get a flashing taskbar if someone on Facebook sends me a message when Skype is signed into my Facebook account as well.
nanonyous
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (5,175 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling