How to remove the animated grey cat emoticon on Sk...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to remove the animated grey cat emoticon on Skype that appears when typing a message?

The grey ‘typing’ cat would randomly appear in place of the Skype ‘pen’ on your chat partner’s screen and that can create certain issues for serious business chats. I was wondering if anyone here can provide me with a step-by-step guide on permanently removing the grey cat that usually appears on chat windows. In the best case, I would be glad if nothing appears on my chat partner’s window when I am typing. Thanks a lot for your help and I am looking forward to reading your valuable tips on that issue! Valeri

Tiger-Lilov
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (3,100 Views)

Re: How to remove the animated grey cat emoticon on Skype that appears when typing a message?

what you have discovered is known as an 'easter egg' (some programmers seem to have too much time on their hands) and it appears because of the way you type

imagine a cat walking across your keyboard and managing to hold down more than one key at a time :wink:

there's no way that I know of to disable this

all I can suggest is that you slow down a bit and avoid try to avoid hitting adjacent keys in sequence

there's another one than involves two hands breaking a pencil, and, iirc, it involves holding down many keys at once, but spread out more across the keyboard -- can't recall the exact details
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 269
Message 2 of 2 (3,094 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling