How to mute all notifications in Skype without DO ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

How to mute all notifications in Skype without DO NOT DISTURB?

I know that one can mute all notification with going Do Not Disturb, but to be honest I don't like that status because it has a big red STOP sign on it, which reads DO NOT DISTURB, and this can come accross as very discouraging to whoever wants to write me a message or call me.

I DO want people to disturb me and write messages to me! It's only that I will get back to them later, and I don't want the Skype application to disturb me. I do not want to tell my contacts to not disturb me! On the contrary, I do want them to write me and call me. I only want to tell the Skype application to not disturb me.

So because the Do Not Disturb status has such a negative connotation in my opinion, and it gives out the wrong message to my contacts, I end up having my status on Away or use a 3rd party messager like Trillian, which automatically silences Skype on the Away status. However, if I use Skype alone, Away does not silence notifications.

So is it possible to mute Skpye all together without using the Do Not Disturb status?

tonio09
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (6,014 Views)

Re: How to mute all notifications in Skype without DO NOT DISTURB?

yes, it is possible.

Just click Tools >> Options >> General >> Sounds.  Then click the the Mute All Sounds button.  This will disable all ringtones and event Sounds.

Then if you want to disable notifications, go to Tools >> Options >> Notifications >> Notification Settings.  Just uncheck any notification that you want to disable.

:happy:

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1680
Message 2 of 2 (5,863 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling