How to launch video pop out window

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to launch video pop out window

Okay, the situation i have here is that i used to have a video popout work fine showing my partner's video like shown below

however i closed the box, and now i dont know how to launch it again

It doesn't give me the option in the video call menu nor is it on the controls when you hover over the video window.

Is there any way to launch the video pop out screen again?

Link_09
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (32,983 Views)

Re: How to launch video pop out window

The behaviour of pop-out window was changed in Skype version 5.6. In this version the pop-out is automatically activated whenever the call window is not in focus (minimized, or covered by another window or just when you click and activate any other window on your desktop). The pop-out disappears as soon the call window is again in focus. However, if you manually close the pop-out, then there is no option to re-activate it again. It will only be e-activated if you restart the call. You can, however, re-enable the old behaviour, where the pop-out was only activated and de-activated manually. Go to Tools -> Options -> Calls ->Show advanced options. Uncheck the option “Show call controls when Skype is in the background”.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6844
Message 2 of 6 (32,952 Views)

thank you very much.

abbit
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (32,733 Views)

The new version of skype seems to have taken a GIANT step backwards.  You need to turn off your camera, then screen share for example.  Prior to the "update", you could select the screen share option and it would automatically turn off your camera.  The pop out functionality is just stupid.

It is really not much of a surprise that Skype has changed like this - just little things now, but it seems like they are going to progressively make little adjustments to make the free version just that little bit more annoying to use in order to monetise you onto the premium version.  

What they should know is that there are other VOIP providers. 

mcav
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 6 (29,919 Views)

[ Edited ]

i totally agree...i dont understand why they take away the features and make it even more complicated...it was so user-friendly in the previous version.. The pop out feature and the SHARING SCREEN option..its not USER-FRIENDLY anymore! 

izatmaarof
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (28,525 Views)

Good
Posted from HTC PJ401
noel.carlos27
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (14,217 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling