How to import msn contact groups to Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to import msn contact groups to Skype

I just merged my msn and skype accounts to chat with some of my old msn contacts. I got that account for so long that I don't even remember who they are or where I  met them. I would like to import my contact groups from msn messenger to really identify who they are, all my msn contacts appear on just one long list and they are of no real use to me.

I would be glad if someone could help me with this.

Please use plain text.
TKoTD
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (6,511 Views)

Re: How to import msn contact groups to Skype

Yes, this is a big issue. Could the support team of Skype address this in the next release?
Please use plain text.
zetakamiru
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 6 (6,302 Views)

Yeah this would be grand ..do have my doubts it will happen thou... yet another flaw by microsoft/skype rushing things thru and dont listen to the users..one of the only good things whit msn was groups now everything needs to be re-added..not like
Please use plain text.
Mrkivi
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (5,866 Views)

I have the exact same problem. April 8th will be a dreadfull day if they don't include those features in Skype before then.. Also I fail see why my nicknames in MSN can't be imported into Skype aswell, seeing as Skype already has that exact same feature.
Please use plain text.
Heki
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 6 (2,164 Views)

Please fix it Skype people.
This is a really big issue for long-time msn users!

Please use plain text.
YvetteD
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 5
Message 5 of 6 (1,969 Views)

Bump, Merged my Hotmail with Skype, got all the contacts and none of my contact list groups.. 13 years of sorting gone thanks to Skype. Solution?
Please use plain text.
ReD-SpideR
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (558 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling