How to download older version of Skype for Windows...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to download older version of Skype for Windows?

The current version (5.10.0.114) does not allow sharing screen with a single user. when clicking on the share screen link it takes you to the Group Share Screen/conference call window that informs you that Skype Premium is needed. I read a few other posts with similar problems where the recommendation was to have the person you skype with make some changes. This is not the problem. After running into this issue on one computer, I switch to another computer that has an older version of Skype (5.3) and I was able to share screen normally with out any problems.

So, how do I access an older version of Skype (until this bug is fixed)? Thank you!

MalinK
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (606 Views)

Re: How to download older version of Skype for Windows?

You don’t need to install older Skype version in order to be able to share screen for free. The only what you need to do now is to switch your webcam off (stop sending video) before starting screen sharing. Since version 5.7 screen sharing is available with video on, but this requires Premium account. Without video on, screen sharing is still free.

Unfortunately, the message you receive on starting screen sharing without switching video off is very confusing and misleading. Skype has promised to change this message window, but apparently this has not high priority.:mad:

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5856
Message 2 of 2 (602 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling