How to delete a contact permanently from your cont...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to delete a contact permanently from your contact list! (MAC)

Firstly, I joind this board as i didnt find the answer to my question of "how to permanently delete a contact fron your contact list" BUT I have done it now and thought i would share!

Every now and then we get people popping up and they appear in out contact history (on the left of the screen) and seem to be there permanently! I'd had enough and decided to try to get rid of the unwanted contacts. Heres what i found. I would block the contact but as we know blocking them dosen't remove them. What did remove them was when i hit the "report abuse radio button" after hitting the "block contact" radio button! 

I wasnt reporting them as abuse because that hadent done anything more than popping up on my screen. I just tried the "report abuse" radio button out of curiosity and it worked. I dont know if this will be the same for Windows userd but its worth a try. Hope this helps.

Mike

desire68
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (1,322 Views)

Re: How to delete a contact permanently from your contact list! (MAC)

I don't know why you'd want to give someone a black eye with Skype by reporting them as an abuser when they weren't.

In the Windows version if you right click on Contact and choose Block this person, you're given the choice of removing them from your contact list.  That should do it.

Or, if you just want to remove them but don't care about blocking them, you can right click and then select Remove from Contacts.

I don't see any need to report as abuse.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 904
Message 2 of 4 (1,310 Views)

re: answer to question on "How to delete a contact on Mac"  -- My mother told me that if you don't have anything useful to say you shouldn't say anything at all.  This is a real problem for Mac users.  I'm very happy to hear that it works on PC's but I don't really care.

JimmyR3248
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (1,236 Views)

JimmyR3248 wrote:

re: answer to question on "How to delete a contact on Mac"  -- My mother told me that if you don't have anything useful to say you shouldn't say anything at all.  This is a real problem for Mac users.  I'm very happy to hear that it works on PC's but I don't really care.

This is also a real problem that you are posting Mac questions on Windows forum.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5957
Message 4 of 4 (1,233 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling