Solved! Go to Solution.
In the Contact List, Right click on your Skype contact then Select Block This Person...
In the menubar, Click View >> Compact View then close the Home Window.
You can't block Facebook or Messenger contact within Skype application.
Block your MSN contact in People website.
I am using Skype 18.104.22.168. After merge MSN and Skype account, I receive spam message every day. These spam messages come from a MSN account which is not in my contact list. I cannot block it with using Skype. I have set "people in my Contact list only" for all options in privacy settings but no help.
The worst thing is, my machine often encounters blue screen when these spam messages pop up.
Thanks for help!
Please update to version 6.2
Block them in People Website.
Or use WebIM.
I am currently upgraded to version 6.2 and am being bothered by spam. I am unable to block the contact because they are using MSN messenger, they do not show up in people.live.com because they are not a friend/contact. They are just some random spammer. How can I stop them from bothering me since I cannot block them? Or should I just stop using Skype since my privacy apparently doesn't matter to anyone?
I am having a similar problem on Skype 6.2 for Mac. The spam is coming from an account that used to be one of my contacts but that was broken into and taken over by spammers when they fell for one of those "give us your password" tricks. I had then deleted this contact, but it keeps coming back in Skype although it does not show up in people.live.com. Spam is received whenever I sign in. Privacy settings are irrelevant. Resistance is futile. Until I did the following (warning, do this at your own risk, it involves messing with the innards of Skype) :
1. If Skype is running and you have already tried to remove the offending contact in Skype, then quit Skype and re-start it so that the offending contact comes back.
2. While the offending contact is still there, quit Skype again. The offending contact's details will now be in Skype's database as an active contact, a fact which we are about to exploit.
3. Go to Applications / Utilities / Terminal and type the following (replacing the bracketed phrases as appropriate) :
cd Library/Application Support/Skype/(YOUR-SKYPE-ID) (you might be able to type just the first few letters and press Tab to complete)
UPDATE Contacts SET isblocked=1 WHERE skypename="1SPAMMY-MSN-EMAIL)";
(repeat the last line for as many MSN emails as you want to block)
4. Close the Terminal and open Skype again. You should now find they've been blocked properly.
5. For bonus points, figure out how to draw this post to the attention of a Microsoft engineer who can make Skype's "Block contact" option actually work. The above sqlite3 commands should be exactly what they need to get Skype fixed properly.