How to add msn contacts in skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How to add msn contacts in skype

Hello all,

Please tell me is there any way that i can connect my msn account with skype account so that i can see who is online like we connect our facebook account to chat with the online people.

Zainhaider7
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 66 (161,855 Views)

Re: How to add msn contacts in skype

not at this time, sorry
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 271
Message 2 of 66 (161,592 Views)

Has it always been so?

I seem to recall there was an MSN choice in "import contacts" just a few days ago? 

knightDamien
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 66 (161,280 Views)

Isn't it about time MSN Messenger support was added?

It supports both IM text chat and video calls, even text chat would be something.

I'd prefer not having to use both Skype and MSN. MSN is still wildly popular, it's especially odd as Skype and MSN are both owned by Microsoft.

Seriously, Skype removed Gmail, Hotmail and Yahoo but left those junk services in place? Facebook and Outlook are the only two of any relevance left.

@ knightDamien: That was to import Hotmail contacts into Skype, not MSN chat but along with Gmail and Yahoo contacts import, it's oddly been removed.

bradavon
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 66 (161,202 Views)

I am having the same issue trying to import my msn email contacts.  Please help with me some instructions..Thanks

joycejohn876
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 66 (160,808 Views)

http://shop.skype.com/apps/Integrations-with-popular-software/Trillian.html try using this if you would like to talk to skype and msn friends through one program
dexray15
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 66 (160,788 Views)

Especially now that Microsoft OWNS Skype - why cant we have MSN contacts in Skype? Come now - get cracking. I dont want to use MSN and Skype and I dont want some silly Trillion thing either.
SupaMonkey
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 66 (160,498 Views)

Re: How to add MSN contacts in skype

Has anybody ever figured this out? Especially in light of the announcement that MSN Chat is going away soon in favor of Skype.

TIA, Steve

parkerpress
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 66 (150,706 Views)

The new skype prompts you to "join accounts" I am currently conversing with my MSN contacts.
lynch_3001
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 66 (150,430 Views)

Thanks for the info lynch_3001. How did you get prompted to do this. I've never seen a prompt like this, and don't see anything in any of the preferences or menus that looks like a "join accounts" option. I'm running the latest version of Skype (Version 6.0.0.2946) on Mac. Thanks again! Steve
parkerpress
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 10 of 66 (150,296 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling