How do you get rid of the new skype spam virus?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How do you get rid of the new skype spam virus?

my friends keep sending me messages saying "this is my favorite pic of you lol (link here)"

Sukinato
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (2,439 Views)

Re: How do you get rid of the new skype spam virus?

[ Edited ]

This happened to me also today it posted it several times saying "this is my favorite pic of you lol [link redacted] (different links on each message) and i dont know what to do so i don't forget that its a virus!

blockytheblock
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 9 (2,296 Views)

This is not a new virus ... we have seen this before.

Courtesy of Tamim, please see this:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-desktop-client/virus-on-Skype/m-p/1111780/highlight/true#M8415...

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1930
Message 3 of 9 (2,287 Views)

I cant install the virus software the hacker rejects me from going on that site
What should i do i know the hacker ip:173.212.56.230 location australia adelaide
Posted from Apple iPad
Anonymous101
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (2,229 Views)

I have the same issue, I had this headache since yesterday, Can someone tellus if this virus may get access to my other accounts as well, besides Skype's of course?

Skypefollower
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (2,191 Views)

Then I really want to track (down) the hacker, so if there's someway to get his IP that would be a real pleasure.

Skypefollower
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (2,191 Views)

I went and tried to ddos the hacker but heres the ip 173.212.56.230
Posted from Apple iPad
Anonymous101
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 9 (2,176 Views)

@anonymous101, try using Internet explorer or burning a copy of the software on another computer. And you shouldn't be trying to ddos anyone, I'm pretty sure that he didn't start the entire virus, he was probably only infected.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Sukinato
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (2,130 Views)

I accidentally kudos your ddos post. I'm on my Mobile and accidentally clicked it. It's wrong to ddos people.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
Sukinato
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 9 (2,127 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling