How do i downgrade skype?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How do i downgrade skype?

I need to go back to the version i had prior to today, this new version of skype is horrible and runs like a sack of **bleep** on windows 7, i need to get the installer for the old version thanks.
cypherous1985ho
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (8,113 Views)

Re: How do i downgrade skype?

Well...you didn't specify what version that is you want to roll back to, but there's a long list of previous versions available here:  http://www.filehippo.com/download_skype/

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1083
Message 2 of 5 (7,971 Views)

Well i haven't had to reinstall my OS in about a year so i don't know what version that was sadly.
cypherous1985ho
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (7,969 Views)

I'm running version 5.6.0.105 on Win 7 and it runs fine.  If you'd like to elaborate on why you don't like the new version, maybe someone can help resolve the issues.

Or...try v4.2.0.187 from http://www.filehippo.com/download_skype/    That was the last of version 4 and it was satisfactory for many users.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1083
Message 4 of 5 (7,962 Views)

Yeah i found my old .exe and it was 4.2.155, my issues are when i made a group call it near enough locked up my desktop while maximising its screen to show icons of the people in the call, it decides to change the theme colours during a call and likes to hide the chat, its generally not a nice piece of software to use as i would rather it didn't eat system resources like candy, its already using half the memory of 5.5 on the same machine so yeah the numbers seem to speak for themselves
cypherous1985ho
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (7,958 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling