How do I login to Skype from other computer?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

How do I login to Skype from other computer?

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I've Skype account which was downloaded into different computer. Now, I'm using another computer to login into Skype.. I've tried to login, and I've managed to get thru. However, I have a problem to go thru my Instant message, Video calling, skype to skype calls etc.. It didn't appear on my screen.. I could just opened my accounts setting and details but not the page where I could see my friends online or join the group conversation. And do I need to install Skype everytime I open my account from different computers?

Appreciate if you could assist me on this.. Thanks :happy:

This widget could not be displayed.
Neil
Super Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

try this link for the 'full' installer -- you may find that it works a bit better

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

I can assure you that it is NOT necessary to create a Skype account to install it

View solution in original post
Hanie0505
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (19,591 Views)

Re: How do I login to Skype from other computer?

it sounds to me like all you did on the 'other' computer was to sign in to your Skype account using a browser -- this does not actually allow you to use Skype in any meaningful way

the Skype client must be installed on any computer before you can actually use Skype features

once the Skype client is installed, you only need to sign in with your EXISTING Skype credentials (which are NOT tied to any machine) -- iow, you DO NOT need to create a new account for every machine
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 297
Message 2 of 11 (19,365 Views)

Hi Neil,

Thanks for d info... but how do I download the skype client without having register again? I have tried to click on the download.. but it went to the same page

"Create an account or sign in It only takes a minute or two - then you’ll be ready to call your friends for free once you've downloaded and installed Skype."

and I need to fill up all my details again in order to download whereas I have opened one.

I'm not really an IT savvy, could you please guide me step by step... really appreciate your help!! cheers

:happy:

Hanie0505
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (19,356 Views)

[ Edited ]

try this link for the 'full' installer -- you may find that it works a bit better

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

I can assure you that it is NOT necessary to create a Skype account to install it

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 297
Message 4 of 11 (19,340 Views)

Hi Neil,

Thank you so much!! I've managed to download it at another computer. I really appreciate your help... :happy:

Hanie0505
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 11 (19,312 Views)

Along these same lines, I have Skype installed on two separate computers, but not all my contacts are showing, nor is my profile pic on both. How do I fix it? Thanks in advance.

ronwillact
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 11 (19,285 Views)

I am "signed in" to my account on another computer. This computer already has Skpye downloaded. However, I can't see how to make a call or find my contacts. Please help. The account page is very unhelpful.

Mac
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (18,477 Views)

Mac wrote:

I am "signed in" to my account on another computer. This computer already has Skpye downloaded. However, I can't see how to make a call or find my contacts. Please help. The account page is very unhelpful.

What is the version of Skype program installed on your computer? In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6048
Message 8 of 11 (18,470 Views)

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1735
Message 9 of 11 (16,309 Views)

Thank YOU sooooo much.  This realy helped me.  Up and running again.  THANK YOU again.

aegeanqueen16
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 11 (15,756 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling