How can i make all fonts bigger

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How can i make all fonts bigger

Hi all, i just wondered if it was possible to make all fonts bigger with skype, i used a dpi of 120 with windows 7 however for some reason skype just stays tiny, i know i can edit the font in im's, that doesn thelp with the menu's on the left, is there a file to edit or anything to make it more readable?

Cutterschoice
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 12 (25,404 Views)

Re: How can i make all fonts bigger

Nope.  There's no option to set font/size in Skype (other than in IM's) at this time.  Maybe in  a future version although I'm not holding my breath.  :wink:

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 916
Message 2 of 12 (25,284 Views)

Thank you for the head up, that's a shame, i have the choice of having everything small, or durning of xp style and having everything fussy lol, fun times.

Cutterschoice
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 12 (25,276 Views)

Other's have expressed a need for the ability to adjust the type size in the Skype UI.  I never hold my breath waiting for changes when it comes to Skype but if you want to , you could post your request in the User Feedback forum:  [invalid URL]

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 916
Message 4 of 12 (25,267 Views)

[ Edited ]

I find the lack of user interface adjustment ridiculous. I use Skype with three different PCs. I don't like the experience but everyone has Skype. 

On my HTPC I am 10 ft away at least with a remote that also functions as a mouse. I want it to be easy to get contacts.

Ideally I'd like to see faces of people I know in a coverflow view.i.e. a special 'large' ui version / skin for Skype. Alternatively I thought just give me configurable contact shortcuts so I can have desktop icons to call favourites. I know I can create skype buttons and html but its a little fiddly because you have to opena  browser and click several times/ read alerts etc.

Finally I thought I'll just increase the font size on the contacts list. That will work. OMG. It's 2011. Come on Skype.

Goodmeme
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 12 (25,176 Views)

Tools/Options
IM & SMS
IM apperance
Change

ze_pot
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 12 (25,081 Views)

The option to be able to customize the chats, font color, the sender and receivers name color and font, background color of the chat window and such customizations, would be a great option.

Skype, plz think about it.

tasos_e
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 12 (25,061 Views)

I was just wondering about that skype has done something regarding to font size. It is very very small on menu!!!

does anyone know anything about that?

gazelle19
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 12 (24,950 Views)

There is a menu option...

Tools

Options

IM & SMS (button on left)

IM Appearance (button on left)

Change Font (button on bottom)

Hope this helps.

jbrownfi
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 12 (24,903 Views)

Please read the question before blurting out an (incorrect) answer.

I had a nice DPI adjusted Skype until I upgraded to the latest version. Now it's all super tiny, except for the fonts, which as we know can be adjusted.
hennish
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 12 (24,783 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling