Hosting a 24/7 Call without the Call Ending?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Hosting a 24/7 Call without the Call Ending?

Hi everyone, I run a server at my house and had the idea to run a 24/7 Skype call because my friends and I use it constantly throughout the day.  I set up an account and added everyone to a call.  The idea is that if they leave, they can join back at their convenience, and you never miss the links posted.  

The issue: Once the host is the only person in the call, it ends (of course).  Is there anyway to just leave it running even when 1 person is in the call?  Thanks.

Neil
Super Adventurer

Accepted Solution

you can't keep a call open with only one participant, but it IS possible to run more than one instance of Skype on a Windows machine using the /secondary switch, and this could be your second participant in the call

granted, that is a bit of a kludge, but it should work

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA829/how-can-i-run-two-skype-accounts-on-the-same-computer?frompage=search&q=%2fsecondary&fromSearchFirstPage=false

View solution in original post
nintendo9713
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (928 Views)

Re: Hosting a 24/7 Call without the Call Ending?

you can't keep a call open with only one participant, but it IS possible to run more than one instance of Skype on a Windows machine using the /secondary switch, and this could be your second participant in the call

granted, that is a bit of a kludge, but it should work

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA829/how-can-i-run-two-skype-accounts-on-the-same-computer?frompag...

Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 345
Message 2 of 3 (922 Views)

Re: Hosting a 24/7 Call without the Call Ending?

Thank you so much, that works perfectly!
nintendo9713
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (912 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling