Horribly delayed messages

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Horribly delayed messages

[ Edited ]

For some unknown reason, my messages to certain people would be delayed for days at a time, despite the person appearing online. In this current case, the message is delayed for an entire group. I'm running the most recent version of Skype on Windows XP.

Kaneharo
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,837 Views)

Re: Horribly delayed messages

I have also been finding my received messages horribly delayed.  I JUST received a message now, April 24, 2012.  The message was sent Saturday April 21.

In addition to typed messages being received at a very delayed rate, my voicemails are also very delayed.  I will receive an email from Skype alerting me that I've missed a call, and person xyz has left me a message.  Since the only way to hear the message is through the Skype software, I am stuck waiting for the message to show in the software.  Last Friday it took at least 30 minutes between the time I received the email notifying me of the voicemail and the time it actually showed up in the Skype software.

Not only are the messages (typed and voice) VERY delayed, but my Skype software has been putting my incoming calls directly to voicemail, not ringing at all, or at the best of times, not ringing on all devices (despite the settings telling it to explicitly ring to all devices).

Running version 5.8.0.158 on Windows 7 64bit.  My account is a business account, and this is the worst thing to have to rely on for receiving phone calls and messages from clients or coworkers.

awhite
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 5 (1,611 Views)

Any guidance on this? I am experiencing the same thing (inbound calls not ringing/going straight to voicemail, call doesn't show up until much later).

turfnet
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (1,583 Views)

NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1515
Message 4 of 5 (1,537 Views)

If you have very bad internet connection might be the solution, but I think this could fix it totally.

Skype will forgot your chats and your username and password.

1. Shutdown Skype.
  2. Press Windows Key and type to search: %appdata%
  3. Then you see Skype folder, simply delete it.
  4. Open your Skype again and log in.

Now try to use your services.

Ikx_1
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 5 of 5 (1,532 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling