Help i cant make a call and i cant connect to skyp...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Help i cant make a call and i cant connect to skype ( its says always connecting )

Hi all

I had some trouble with my skype account.. i dunno exactly its from my application or my setting..

call or video call button is grayed out, but i can still do chat with some1..

And i cant change my status into online, its always says "connecting", but i still can chat?

usually, theres no problem with my account.. but since i change my connection server from Indonesia to Singapore, theres problem like this..

I never had a problem to make a test call with "Echo / Sound Test Service", but now i even cant make some test call, coz the button is greyed out..

And i guaranteed theres no problem about my connection, i can use my connection so good, except  for skype..

Any1 can help me to solve this problem?

I attached some SS from my skype account..

Thanks..

Xenoarms
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (111 Views)

Re: Help i cant make a call and i cant connect to skype ( its says always connecting )

[ Edited ]

How did you change your connection server from Indonesia to Singapore?   Skype has no facility for that.  I can only guess you mean proxy or VPN.  If that is the case then your Proxy/VPN service is causing the restriction/interruption (blocking ports or locations).  You would have to find one that's not causing connection issues.

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1491
Message 2 of 3 (104 Views)

Re: Help i cant make a call and i cant connect to skype ( its says always connecting )

yes, its is proxy service.. theres nothing to do with skype app..

if its true i had been blocking bcause of tht blocking ports or location, so what i have to do?

you mean i must change my proxy to the other servers?

any settings on skype app, that might have to be changed?

thanks for ur reply..

Xenoarms
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (94 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling