Headset won't work.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Headset won't work.

Okay, so this is a problem that has been driving me crazy and I cannot wrap my head around it.

I use a bluetooth headset with skype (specificly the bluetooth/xbox combo headset--the MW3 edition) and I have had occassional problems with the the speaker not working while in a skype call.

So, my problem is: Earlier today the headset worked fine, and then tonight I go to make a call to a friend and the audio will not go through, however the mic (still built into the same headset) WILL go through. I tried uninstalling/reinstalling Skype, re-pairing the headset, and testing it natively in Windows (it worked flawlessly). Needless to say I am still haveing the issue. I did try another bluetooth headset (BlueAntT1) and I'm getting the same problem. In the past, I have reinstalled my bluetooth stack, however the fact that the device works when tested in Windows leads me to believe that the issue is centered around Skype. I am very technically inclined, so don't be afraid to give me any advanced advice. Any suggestions/help would me much appreciated.

ThePicklenat0r
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (2,144 Views)

Re: Headset won't work.

Something else I just discovered: If the Skype options window and the Windows Sound window are both open at the same time, not only will the Skype test fail, but so will the Windows one. Closing the Skype options window will allow the Windows test to successfully play again.
ThePicklenat0r
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (2,052 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling