Headphones echoing my voice when speaking...or typ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Headphones echoing my voice when speaking...or typing. :(

Hi All

I was given a Avantalk Trexis Bluetooth headset, which advertised as being able to be connected to computers for VOIP calls.

EXCITED!

I've managed to connect everything back up, however, when I speak, teh mic picks it up and plays it back through my headphone. I have tested this through the Echo/Sound test service, and can only hear my voice once, without the echo/playback. However, when I'm in a call, there's no issue at all. Is this normal?

My audio settings are:

Microphone: Headset Microphone (Bluetooth)

Speakers: Headphones (Bluetooth)

Ringing: (Headphones (Bluetooth)

The advanced settings show Bluetooth as being the most preferred audio devices.

Thanks!!

minacaeks
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (2,459 Views)

Re: Headphones echoing my voice when speaking...or typing. :(

right click the speaker icon in the taskbar (near the clock) and choose RECORDING DEVICES. choose your bluetooth mic. and click PROPERTIES. select the LISTEN tab and ensure that LISTEN TO THIS DEVICE is unchecked.

SuperTech
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (2,455 Views)

Thank you so much!

That's fixed it perfectly!

minacaeks
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (2,450 Views)

I'd appreciate a kudos then...LOL...I only came here to get my own problem resolved after installing Skype for the first time just a couple hours ago, but when I saw your problem, I thought I might be able to help.

Now, if someone could only solve MY problem that fast and easy...LOL.

SuperTech
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (2,447 Views)

Done!

Good Luck with your issue!

minacaeks
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (2,443 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling