Group Video Chat

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Group Video Chat

For Group Video Chat does EVERYONE need Skype Premiun or just ONE person?

Thanks!

This widget could not be displayed.
ruwim
Community Ambassador

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Just ONE.

View solution in original post
This widget could not be displayed.
Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Yes, they will.

View solution in original post
joeq2k
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (3,467 Views)

Re: Group Video Chat

Just ONE.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7056
Message 2 of 9 (3,440 Views)

Thank you.

And just to clarify EVERYONE will be able to see EVERYONE?

Thanks!

joeq2k
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (3,435 Views)

Yes, they will.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6507
Message 4 of 9 (3,276 Views)

i have tried to conect with group video many times. The audio works and the video does not no matter who initiates the call. Video works fine on one to one. Two windows, one mac user

sharonehogan
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 9 (2,714 Views)

I have a Premium account and I am able to set up the group video session just fine EXCEPT for 1 person who has Windows 8.  I can do one on one video with her just fine, but when I add anyone else to the group, she immediately goes to audio only.  I have even tried to release her connection and add her back to the group but nothing changes.  She still only connects with audio.  The last time the group met 4/21/2013 I had to do a separate connection with her on my iPad and physically hold the iPad up to the computer camera.  (Very awkward and annoying).  Do I need to have her install an older version of Skype?  She does not have the option of joining the group with a different computer or OS.

I would appreciate any help as she is my sister and I am organizing a Skype for her 50th birhday with 7 sisters and brothers on 5/5/13.  Thanks!

techygirl77
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (2,318 Views)

Group Video calling is not yet available on Skype for Windows 8. Your sister can install the desktop version using this msi-installer for the latest Skype 6.3.0.105 version:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.3.0.105.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 7056
Message 7 of 9 (2,315 Views)

I am having a problem with group chat video.  When I call my contacts individually I can see everyone, but when I do a group chat I can only see one person.  I am trying to chat with 3 other people.

Can someone help me with this?

HazelSal
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (2,149 Views)

Re: Group Video Chat - still not working - why not?

Group video chat not working for my premium account - why not? Is windows 8 to blame or the skype proposition?

Kipper22
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (2,003 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling