Get "Can't open Skype. You are already signed in ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Get "Can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer..." But I'm not. Help!

Skype won't let me sign on.  It says I am already signed in on this computer, when I am not.  I have shut everthing down and downloaded the newest version of Skype, but I'm stuck.  I was thinking of deleting Skype completely and starting over, but then saw someone had a problem doing that.  So, I'm hoping there is an easier solution.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Mark

Mark_Baumhardt
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 33 (35,628 Views)

Re: Get "Can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer..." But I'm not.

open Task Manager and end the Skype.exe process that is still running -- if it does not want to cancel, re-boot
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 297
Message 2 of 33 (35,401 Views)

Re: Get "Can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer..." But I'm not.

Neil,

I tried that.  I even sorted all "Image Names" alphabetically to make sure it hadn't "snuck in there"   Nothing.  Completely shut down.   I then open Skype and it still says someone is logged on.

Mark_Baumhardt
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 33 (35,398 Views)

are you showing processes from all users?
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 4 of 33 (35,395 Views)

My wife's side isn't even logged on (or my son's for that matter.) Just to be safe, I have logged onto both and confirmed Skype is not running and then logged off.
Mark_Baumhardt
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 33 (35,392 Views)

please try the suggestions mentioned here;

You are already sign in on this computer error

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1511
Message 6 of 33 (35,385 Views)

thanks for that Primemover -- I knew there was something I was overlooking

odds are good that this will resolve the issue
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Message 7 of 33 (35,381 Views)

i am also getting this error "can't open skype. you are allready signed in..." how can i fix this?

matthew-rao
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 33 (35,265 Views)

matthew-rao wrote:

i am also getting this error "can't open skype. you are allready signed in..." how can i fix this?

i think you missed my reply; :happy:

You are already sign in on this computer error

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1511
Message 9 of 33 (35,259 Views)

I don't know about anyone else... but I was able to fix the "already logged in issue" by setting the compatibility settings thru windows 7. Once I did that I did not have a problem loggin in. This was after completely removing Skype, then re-installing the latest Beta 5.7.
uomiwon
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 33 (34,224 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling