Garbled Sound Quality

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Garbled Sound Quality

I recenty bought a Lenovo X230T with a built in HD camera and microphone and have had trouble getting Skype video calls to work properly.  When I start a new video call I can see and hear the other person fine.  My camera also works well.  However, my voice is a garbled mess of digital noise.  I have also verified this with the echo sound test.  I have tried the microsoft fix it application and it tells me that everything is in working order, and I can record clear sound with the standard windows recording program.  I have tried to update my microphone drivers and everything is up to date.  The computer came out of the box a week ago and was set up by my university IT helpdesk.  I have also added skype to my windows firewall rules.  I thought it could be my internet connection (Time Warner Cable) but my android phone skype app works perfectly connected to the same home wifi network.  I have the results of an online internet speed test below.  My download and upload speeds should be sufficient for video calls as listed on the Skype website.  Please help me diagnose the problem.  It would be very much appreciated.  Thank you.   My computer specs are as follows:

Processor: Intel Core i7 - 3520M CPU @ 2.90GHz

RAM: 8.00 GB

Operating System: 64-bit Windows 7

Skype version 6.6.0.106

Internet Speed: Download 2.86Mbps; Upload .97Mbps

I look forward to any advice.  

Thank you

Brian 

Brian_K
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (201 Views)

Re: Garbled Sound Quality

Brian,
you described my problem perfectly.  Same laptop, same issues.  Mic tests ok.   On my old HP I had no problems. Did you get any response?

Gayle

skywalkers
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (150 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling