GET RID OF THAT HOME SCREEN POPUP OR I DELETE SKYP...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: GET RID OF THAT HOME SCREEN POPUP OR I DELETE SKYPE AND MOVE TO ANOTHER PRODUCT

Can I add my name to the other millions of users that do not want this feature! Get rid of it or I too will flag skype

specialagent65
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 17 (1,805 Views)

Re: GET RID OF THAT HOME SCREEN POPUP OR I DELETE SKYPE AND MOVE TO ANOTHER PRODUCT

add me too to the list. I've also started filling out the feedback form whenever i get a popup form as well, hopefully they'll finally get the idea soon.
kreepy
Novel Tourist
Message 12 of 17 (1,787 Views)

I also find this behavior very annoying. In my search for a way to disable this, I ran across a number of older threads about it opening by default on starting Skype. However, reading this thread, it sounds like others are having my issue(or something similar):

every night, at 10:40 pm, central time, it pops open the home screen. I swear to god, I could set a clock by it. Not 10:39, and not 10:41. 10:40, every night. It has disrupted other applications I was using at the time, and now I have to either remember to close Skype completely, or be sure I'm not doing anything important at 10:40 each night. Since there's only one person I really talk to on Skype anyway, I'll have to see if we can work out another app to use instead.

PS: the spell-check here doesn't recognize 'Skype'. Now that's comedy.

brento73
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 17 (1,770 Views)

I strongly agree, there has to be a way to remove this 'virus'.
It wastes time and energy - an unwanted and unrequested improvement.
jodster2011
Novel Tourist
Message 14 of 17 (1,748 Views)

brento73 wrote:

I also find this behavior very annoying. In my search for a way to disable this, I ran across a number of older threads about it opening by default on starting Skype. However, reading this thread, it sounds like others are having my issue(or something similar):

every night, at 10:40 pm, central time, it pops open the home screen. I swear to god, I could set a clock by it. Not 10:39, and not 10:41. 10:40, every night. It has disrupted other applications I was using at the time, and now I have to either remember to close Skype completely, or be sure I'm not doing anything important at 10:40 each night. Since there's only one person I really talk to on Skype anyway, I'll have to see if we can work out another app to use instead.

PS: the spell-check here doesn't recognize 'Skype'. Now that's comedy.

Downgrade/revert back to the version 5 of skype which does not have the home screen pop up nor the annoying facebook integration. You can get it from oldversion.com/Skype.html. You alternatively use the Trillian chat client to conect to you skype account

-----------------------------
Pissed Off Skype User
pissedoffskypeu
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 15 of 17 (1,741 Views)

Most likely, in the near future, that older version will be forced upgraded.

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 585
Message 16 of 17 (1,733 Views)

SKYPE is so big that it has become the synonymous and interchangeable with video chat. With an iconic name and as a pioneer in the video chat frontier, WHY WOULD YOU NOT LISTEN TO YOUR CLIENT BASE? You must have enough money to be able to hire someone to help you with your setup. It is not intuitive. I tried to help a friend of mine get set up on SKYPE and we were video chatting on Google to do it! I couldn't remember how to get rid of that welcome screen and wasn't sure how to tell her to do it as she is running it on a Mac and I only have experience on PCs. I do recall having a very difficult time myself just getting rid of the "Welcome" screen. I looked up online how to do it and the extent of the instructions on how to get past it were to click "CANCEL". Your welcome screen is more like a "KEEP OFF - PRIVATE PROPERTY" sign. You need to hire a detective just to find that stupid cancel button. We gave up after about half an hour. Adding my voice to the masses... GET RID OF THE WELCOME SCREEN!!!
jaredtabla
Casual Tourist
Message 17 of 17 (1,005 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling