Full Installer File

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Full Installer File

After about 20 minutes of navigating through the Skype Web site, I finally found a FAQ page, which has a link to the current full installer.  Why cannot this be more easily found?  Why is this not a link at the download page for Windows?  

The existing download page for Windows provides only for downloading a stub installer, which requires an Internet connection to download the rest of the software for each installation.  We have two PCs at home.  I want to download software only once and install it twice.  

anhsdad
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 15 (249,345 Views)

Re: Full Installer File

If you're asking why Skype moves in mysterious ways I have no answer.  But just in case you're still looking for the full installer, you can download it here:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full-56

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 2 of 15 (249,240 Views)

Well done G4pilut - I confirm that the link is correct. Paste it into your browser Skype: PLEASE make this easier to find. Your current system is terrible. Thanks
jonrichco
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 8
Message 3 of 15 (249,199 Views)

Posted from Motorola Xoom
pamelazibi
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 15 (246,972 Views)

i want this for installation
krishnakiriti
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 15 (235,461 Views)

Use this link to download then run the current full installer:

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 939
Message 6 of 15 (235,429 Views)

if still needed, you can also try the links and suggesions mentioned here;

Alternative Skype Download Links (for Windows and Mac)

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1663
Message 7 of 15 (235,416 Views)

Well since Microsoft has purchased Skype, the system has become much worse.  I am trying to find an alternative ..... tried to uninstall and reinstall even that does not work,  pretty sure Microsoft is trying to find ways to make money with this, thus ruining Skype

evelynelundberg
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 15 (216,289 Views)

Ah...sneaky Skype have now blocked this route and the link you gave simply redirects to the standard download page where you cannot access the full installer file.

pete_hawkes
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 15 (207,086 Views)

this link still works just fine, does not re-direct to the standard download page, and gets you the full installer as it always has

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full
Regards,
Neil
Neil
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 311
Message 10 of 15 (207,016 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling