Friends can't see me when I'm online

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Friends can't see me when I'm online

Hello,

I've been struggling with this problem for a while now. I will be signed in, online, and visible and my friends do not see me as online on their contact lists. In turn, I can't see them online either even though I know they are also online. My friends do not come online until I message them and then do then appear to be online in my contacts list.

One friend and I in particular have both updated Skype, deleted each other as contacts, and tried to readd each other (which our requests did not work - but that's a whole other problem) and it still did not work.

This happens for one main contact in particular, and has happened with other contacts as well.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

eeemmiilly
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (2,379 Views)

Re: Friends can't see me when I'm online

Unfortuantely, the problem you're describing is not uncommon.  Also unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any reliable fix at this time.

I can only hope that Skype is aware of the problem and working on a solution.  When one will come along is anyone's guess.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 920
Message 2 of 5 (2,287 Views)

I just downloaded skype to my computer, because I want to talk to my grandaughter by video; my daughter has skype on her android phone through att; my computer runs on windows vista; IE9; we cannot "see" each other when we are online; and we cannot vidoe chat. I would love to find out how to fix this.
tamivillaschwar
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (1,768 Views)

Have you added your daughter to your Contacts List, and has she added you to hers?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 920
Message 4 of 5 (1,758 Views)

I also have this problem after merging. When I'm online via my MSN account, my friends always told me offline.  After checking, my skype is online but MSN account is offline....

That's inconvenient for me!!

ra0116
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (1,440 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling