Fraps full screen video recording problem

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Fraps full screen video recording problem

Hi,

I am trying to record video chat in Skype with Fraps.  I am using the latest version of Skype (5.5) and Fraps (3.4.6).  Windows 7 64-bit

The issue I am getting is this: Fraps records fine in normal window mode when I have a video chat on Skype.  When I try and use full screen video chat with Skype and record, nothing seems to be wrong.  When I look at the movie created by the recording for the full screen, it rapidly flashes a bluish square the height of the movie and has the words "Actual size" in white at the top of the square.  In the normal mode, the movie playback is perfect with no recording problems.

I am not sure what the issue is, so if anyone could help me, I would appreciate it. Thanks

BigNinjaBear
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (4,165 Views)

Re: Fraps full screen video recording problem

I tried to record a convo the same way and had the same problem... im thinking maybe its because i had the keep fraps on top button checked and skype hates me but im not sure. ... it absolutely ruined my once in a lifetime video. thanks skype for your super craptastic program.

also, not related to this but if i try and adjust my camera in settings, skype stops working. and then i try and give feedback for this issue and skype says i have no internet connection when i clearly do from the video chat i had open at the time.
mr_dwld
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (4,005 Views)

Re: Fraps full screen video recording problem

use Camtica for Skype video recording

JimNager
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 3 (3,142 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling