Fixed "APPcrash" but now "BEX"????

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Fixed "APPcrash" but now "BEX"????

[ Edited ]

i had the same problem as most ppl where Skype would crash after i call. was directed to download new Beta. didnt solve problem.

now when i call, instead of it being "APPcrash"

its now "BEX".....

what is that and how can i fix?

please help. ty

nut4u2c
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (2,031 Views)

Re: Fixed "APPcrash" but now "BEX"????

[ Edited ]

Often BEX errors are caused by Toolbars such as Google, TrendMicro and others. Are you using any 3rd party toolbars in IE?

What antivirus/antispyware/security product do you have on machine? Include any you have EVER had on this machine including those you uninstalled (they leave remnants behind which causes issues).

IE - Tools - Internet Options - Advanced Tab - click Restore Advanced Settings and then click RESET - APPLY / OK

IE - Tools - Internet Options - Security Tab - click Reset all zones - APPLY / OK Close and restart IE and/or IE with no addons

Start - All Programs - Accessores - System Tools - IE with no Addons - does this work better?

IE - Tools - Manage Addons (for sure disable SSV2 if it is there, this is no longer needed but Java still installs it and it causes issues - you ever update Java go back in and disable it again.) Look for other possible problems.

Windows Defender - Tools - Software Explorer - look for issues with programs that do not look right. Permitted are usually OK and "not permitted" are not always bad. If in doubt about a program ask about it here.

Could be a BHO - SpyBHOremover - Free - standalone program, needs no install, download, UnZip and run. Also not all BHO's are bad, some run toolbars and features you have added. http://securityxploded.com/bhoremover.php

Startup Programs http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1401-startup-​programs-change.html

Also get Malwarebytes - free - use as scanner only. If you ever suspect malware UPDATE it and then run it as a scanner.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_​free

You may submit your bug report to Jira:

http://developer.skype.com/SkypeGarage/ReportIssue

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6443
Message 2 of 3 (1,948 Views)

Re: Fixed "APPcrash" but now "BEX"????

With this problem try to perform a full uninstallation with all data cleaning. (Uninstall Skype from "Control panel" and delete Skype data folder in your user account folders like c:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Skype\) Make a clean Skype installation. Maybe deleting of config.xml and shared.xml helps to fix it too.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6443
Message 3 of 3 (1,943 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling