Fatal Error

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Fatal Error

I am getting a Fatal Error message when i try opening skype. It says "Failed to get proc address for EncoderPointer (KERNEL32.dll)" What does this mean and how can i fix it I have downloaded and installed Skype three differnt times and it still pops up after install and when i attepmt to open it.

Thank you in advanced for any hyelp you can give me.

BStuder91
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (1,103 Views)

Re: Fatal Error

This means that you need to update your Windows XP to at least Service Pack 2 (SP2). It will be even better if you update to the latest SP3.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6299
Message 2 of 2 (941 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling