Fatal Error 1603 Skype 5.9 Can Not Be Uninstalled

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Fatal Error 1603 Skype 5.9 Can Not Be Uninstalled

Hi All,

Please help. I went to applications and deleted every bit of Skype. I got rid of every last vestige of it on my computer and version 5.5 keeps showing up in my program list and won't uninstall. It keeps lookikng for an .msi file. I can not download a new version without the fatal error occuring. I can not use Skype or any Skype related tools. Any one with any ideas--I would be very glad for the help. Thank you.

ghirmeshk
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (629 Views)

Re: Fatal Error 1603 Skype 5.9 Can Not Be Uninstalled

I have the same problem as you. I have been searching on the web bot apparently nobody got the right answer.

malala_style
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (495 Views)

Re: Fatal Error 1603 Skype 5.9 Can Not Be Uninstalled

You may try the procedure outlined here in order to install a new version of Skype without using any installer program:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/How-to-update-Skype-without-using-any-Skype-installer/m-p/7073...

Be aware that as of today, the latest Skype version is 5.9.0.115

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_5.9.0.115.msi

You should also be advised to make a copy of the currently installed Skype.exe file; just in the case that you will regret the update.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6593
Message 3 of 3 (488 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling