Facebook chat not working but status updates are

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Facebook chat not working but status updates are

Hi. As the title says, I can read all my facebook updates in the home screen but the chat doesn't load. It keeps showing the connecting page indefinitely. I can access chat via the facebook.com page so it isn't blocked. Anyone tell me if I have missed something obvious & stupid.

Thanks,

Phil

phildurow
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (3,799 Views)

Re: Facebook chat not working but status updates are

Hi, I get this problem too on my windows desktop computer. It connects fine to the news feed but is just says connecting to facebook chat. What is strange is that my windows laptop on the same network (although it is on the wireless) can connect to facebook chat.

I can connect to normal facebook chat through the browser.

aussiedwarf
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (3,602 Views)

Hi, 

Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties using Facebook chat with Skype. 

Please check through the following guides in order to solve the problem:

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10794/Why-can-t-I-connect-to-Facebook

&

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1070/How-do-I-update-my-firewall-to-work-with-Skype

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 208
Message 3 of 5 (3,598 Views)

Doing a bit more investigation it appears to be happening on my desktop computers. Wireless is fine but I think that is because it has direct access to the dsl modem. I son't think there is much I can do about it. Thanks for the help.
aussiedwarf
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (3,583 Views)

Has it really been over a year? Was this issue ever resolved? If so, please tell me how. I tried the links posted here already and they are not working.
I spoke to some support guy on Skype's chat and told me to run the Microsoft Fix it 50195 which disconnected us and I haven't been able to connect to a chat support agent again. :sad:

princeofglow
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 5 (2,926 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling