Entry Point Not Found

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Entry Point Not Found

From the last version (5.10.0.116) the first message you get is:

"Thr procedure entry point NtAlpcSendWaitReceivePort could not be locatedin the dynamic link library ntdll.dll"

I installed again very old version (from 2007) - the message dose not appears  but each time you made upgrage pr install it direct from the site I get this problem again.

Please tell me how to fix the problem or send me please the one before the last version

OR fix the problem...

Thansk

m_oren
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (299 Views)

Re: Entry Point Not Found

The problem is not with Skype but with Kies software installed on your computer: The recent update from Samsung should resolve this issue:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Screen-dont-load/m-p/996886#M73748

The other solution is to rename the avrt.dll file, as suggested here:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Skype-exe-Entry-point-not-found/m-p/886906#M65967

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 5830
Message 2 of 5 (297 Views)

You may try to update your version of Samsung Kies Software or go to system32 folder and rename the avrt.dll file to avrt_old.dll

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_programs/skypeexe-entry-point-no...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6006
Message 3 of 5 (288 Views)

renamed the avrt.dll file to avrt_old.dll - and it helped

May Thanks

M Oren

m_oren
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (282 Views)

You are very welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6006
Message 5 of 5 (279 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling