Dx Error

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Dx Error

When I use Skype a notice comes on Dx error Ox8876017C. This freezes the sccreen totoally and I have to switch off the computer. It is only on my desktop not on my laptop. I have tried to reload Skpe but it is still happening. Help please

MikeandMickey
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (1,543 Views)

Re: Dx Error

MikeandMickey
Casual Adventurer
Message 2 of 9 (1,448 Views)

The mentioned DX error message is in most cases caused by problems with Direct3D acceleration. You might not be able to disable Direct3D acceleration for your video driver but you should be able to change the option how 3D acceleration is used by different applications. The procedure depends on the installed graphic driver. Open your graphic card Control Panel. Find the option where you can change 3D settings. If there is an option saying something like “Let the 3D application decide” or similar, select this option.
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6006
Message 3 of 9 (1,444 Views)

I 'm sorry I cannot find the graphic card contol panel. I have tried to find the dx file. I have also done system restore. My computer knowledge is not very great.
MikeandMickey
Casual Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (1,439 Views)

What Windows system do you have and what is the model of your graphic card?

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 5 of 9 (1,435 Views)

I have windows xp. I think my graphica card is intergrated with the motherboard
MikeandMickey
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (1,430 Views)

Go to Windows Start and in the Run box type dxdiag.exe and press the OK button. This will start the DirectX diagnostic program. Run this diagnostics and save the results to a file. Open this file in any text editor. You will find there all the necessary information about the version of DirectX installed (should be at least 9.0c), your graphic card and driver. Look also for any possible error messages.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 7 of 9 (1,426 Views)

Re: Dx ErrorI I have gone through all the pages on the diagnostic test and theyb say no problem

MikeandMickey
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (1,420 Views)

Re: Dx ErrorI I have gone through all the pages on the diagnostic test and theyb say no problem

What about the DirectX version and model/driver version of your graphic card.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Message 9 of 9 (1,416 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling